The ultimate goal of hospitality is to provide a positive experience for customers, whether it’s eating great food, resting in a lavish spa, or getting a full night’s sleep away from home. Anyone in the hospitality and tourism management industry understands how important it is to ensure that each guest is well cared for.
Since opening its first vocational education and training center in 2019, Bhutan International School of Hospitality and Tourism (BISHT) has been a pioneer in hospitality education in Bhutan. BISHT is the country’s first and best hospitality and tourism institute, located in the heart of Thimphu, the country’s capital.
Today, we’ll look at BISHT’s tourism and hospitality programs in Bhutan, which have distinguished themselves by attracting and training the best talent among youths interested in hotel management education.
MasterChef Training In Bhutan
The culinary program includes kitchen knowledge, food knowledge, practical for multi-cuisine, food cost, hygiene, menu planning, and customer care. By the end of your culinary program, you will have a deeper understanding and knowledge to work efficiently in a fully industrialized kitchen following the standard of first-class culinary operations.
In this program, you’ll learn everything from running a kitchen to which tools industry professionals use. Culinary graduates from this program can successfully work independently in the kitchen and be well-equipped to enter the competitive culinary industry.
All of the programs are divided into three levels: Foundation, Intermediate, and Advanced, with each level having its own set of goals.
- In the foundation course, you will acquire the basic skills needed to operate in a professional kitchen. During the three-month internship, the skills will be reinforced and applied.
- After acquiring the basics during the foundation course, you will be exposed to various cuisine and kitchen operations for another three months at the intermediate level.
- Following one year of culinary studies, you will focus on advanced culinary and kitchen management skills at the advanced level. The skills learned from the foundation course, intermediate and advanced level, will be reinforced and appalled during a 3-month internship experience to complete the program.
Top F&B Server
The food and Beverage service program includes service techniques, food and beverage knowledge, barista, hygiene, calculation, and customer care. With a blended learning model of food and beverage, you will acquire the skills needed to become the perfect host to be fully operational within different restaurant concepts following the standard of a first-class restaurant setting.
At the end of the F&B course, you will gain a deeper understanding of how the management of an F&B establishment is conducted and the skills needed to be successful.
- In the foundation course, you will acquire the basic skills required to be operational in a restaurant. The skills acquired will be reinforced and applied during a 3-month internship experience.
- At an intermediate level, you will acquire the competencies needed to work in various restaurant settings.
- Combining the one year of the F&B culinary program, you will focus on restaurant management skills at the advanced level.
Room professionals include housekeeping and front office responsibilities. The housekeeping aspect of the course will include classes for housekeeping techniques, laundry techniques, public area techniques, hygiene, customer care, and calculation.
The course’s front-desk aspect will include front office operation techniques, communication, guest services, telephone operation, finance and cashiering, situation handling, and more.
Obtain the knowledge and skills required to be fully operational in various room divisions department functions in accordance with first-class hotel standards. Graduating from the professional room program will equip you with the skills needed to work independently in the front office or housekeeping operations.
- In the foundation course, you will learn the basic skills required to be operational in the room department of a hotel, including housekeeping and laundry.
- After acquiring the skills needed to operate independently in a hotel’s back-of-the-house, you will gain a deeper understanding of the competencies needed to be successful at the front desk to welcome guests.
- Following one year of studies, you will focus on the management side of the housekeeping and front-office department at the advanced level.
The hotel administration course will include classes for managing general tasks like accounting, marketing, sales, human resources, hotel activities, and more. The hotel administration course is designed for you to acquire the competencies and knowledge required to be fully operational across multiple hotel departments, with the main focus on administrative duties following first-class hospitality operational standards.
Graduating from this program will equip you to work in the front office and housekeeping departments successfully. In addition, you will also be well-positioned for an administrative role within the management team of a hospitality operation.
- At the foundation level, rooms and service programs will acquire the fundamental hospitality-based skills needed for working in a hotel. You will be introduced to administrative courses designed to teach skills needed to execute planning resourced in an operational setting.
- You will learn about the skills needed to execute planning resources in an operational setting at the intermediate level. A three-month internship in a hospitality management division will allow you to immediately put the theoretical skills you’ve learned in class into practice.
- After a year of experience, you will learn the basics of accounting and law in a hospitality setting at the advanced level.
With BISHT program courses, youths are trained by qualified staff that contributes to long-term employment growth in service sectors. Invest in your future with the BISHT program that piques your interest and creates opportunities for your future in the service industry.
Contact BISHT now, which uses proven methods to ensure high-quality training and employability for youths, within and beyond the country.